Railroad Forums 

• Daniel Rogers Davidson--Pittsburgh&Connellsville Railroad

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#878278  by Rainyday

There is a brand new book out this December 2010 written by a decendent of the guy who started the Pittsburgh & Connellsville Railroad, later becomes B & O, in Southwestern PA. It's a really interesting book about how it began in mid 1800's and the coal and coke and other businesses Daniel Rogers Davidson began, passed on and sold in his lifetime. Really good book and only costs around $10. Here is info: Davidson~Railroad History
Gift for Railroad, Local History lovers, around $10/Book!
DANIEL ROGERS DAVIDSON by Diane Morgan
For those interested in history of:
Pittsburgh & Connellsville Railroad (B&O)
Narrows Road-North of Rt. 119 -location of former Davidson Farm
Coal & Coke Yard or Davidson Avenue
Buy online http://www.danielrogersdavidson.com/ or at
The Book Case, Connellsville 724-628-9181
I said about $10, because I am not sure if bookstores charge a few dollars more or less if they carry them. Website is $10 plus postage. I am just passing it on because it's interesting, local history and great for Christmas gifts. I'd love to see if anyone else has read it or what you think.