Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#419467  by Otto Vondrak

I think the diamond was removed in 2000 or 2001... and I think the running track was abandoned sometime after that. I can't find the exact dates right about now.

#539276  by dgm5186

Hello, I live along the old D&H Voorheesville line and was wondering if anyone has any detailed information on the happenings on this track removal. Thanks for any information and on whether or not they would ever re-install track along the line.
 #546512  by Engineer Spike

Otto's dates are about right. I came to the D&H in 2000. We would go to the park out of Kenwood. There was a bridge in poor shape, and they shut down the line. For a while the job ran Kenwood-Selkirk-VO-connector to D&H. After this, they repaired the line south of the park. The crew would taxi to the park, from Kenwood. The power was kept there. They would get the empty cars, and head for Delanson. SU11 would swap cars. At this time 168 would drop the auto racks off in the west runaround.