Railroad Forums 

• D&H/CP to leave Fresh Pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #402402  by freightguy

Is it true that CP Rail plans to pull the plug on service into Fresh Pond? Just a rumor....on or around June 1st

#402528  by LI Loco

'fraid so. I've received several messages from reputable sources to that effect.

#403339  by D&H7312

This is news to those of us that work for CP/D&H. There have been no official notices posted for job abolishments, the operating plan has not been updated and the company officials I have personally spoken with have no knowledge of this. That's not to say it won't happen, but not right now.

Al W.

#403348  by ANDY117

There are no plans to end the 416/417 as of now. This is coming from someone I know who is in the D&H management.

#406055  by phantom

They better not leave us with these derelict stone cars!

#406948  by rb

Saw CP coming off the Hell Gate last night with about 30 cars, including many interesting-looking hoppers.