Railroad Forums 

• Customer on MNRR in West Haven, CT

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#957701  by rb

There's a large, multi-story industrial building at Saw Mill Road and West Clark St that always seems to have one or two SOU/NS boxcars spotted. Does anyone know what this industry is?
 #960825  by giljanus

I used Google maps street view - I found a sign at the corner of Saw Mill and W. Clark St - Progress Distribution Center - then I looked them up in google:

http://wikimapia.org/1496428/Progress-D ... ion-Center

Former tire manufacturing plant now home to varous light industry users.

I couldn't find any other info - except for a rental of part of floor with 6-loading docks - no mention of rail service.

Gil, known as Bill somedays ...
 #962204  by tahawus84

There is a paper company in there that receives rolls of paper. When I used to drive a truck I would go there alot. They had a big hill you had to back down.
 #967924  by freightguy

Is there a costumer near Brideport East yard on the northside across from MN's yard? There is a lead there with an interlocked signal. Was this an old industrial lead from the NH day?. The signal coming off the lead is still dispalyed at stop. I was wondering if CSX had any costumers in there or if there was at one time in the CR era.
 #968343  by danburybranch

freightguy wrote:Is there a costumer near Brideport East yard on the northside across from MN's yard? There is a lead there with an interlocked signal. Was this an old industrial lead from the NH day?. The signal coming off the lead is still dispalyed at stop. I was wondering if CSX had any costumers in there or if there was at one time in the CR era.

Yes, http://www.homercgodfrey.com/ is that customer. I'm not sure how often they are served. I believe there is or was recently another customer right in the Bridgeport yard. If you use Bing Areal view (not birds eye) you can see what looks like maybe 3 high side gondolas.