Railroad Forums 

• Current Steam Shops

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

#40140  by jockellis

You might try going to the iron horse's mouth, Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton Corp. I Googled up something railroad and the company's website, touting service since 1831, came up among many. They are in California and specialize in narrow gauge. They say they completely rebuilt a loco in 16 weeks. Google Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton and you should have no problem.
Jock Ellis
 #40236  by dreamer

I assume you are talking about Brook's Locomotive Works, run by Brook Rother. This subject has come up before in this and other forums. I don't know anything about the quality of their work, but their use of the BLH name is dubious and misleading at best. Baldwin-Hamilton and BLH have not existed as entities for many years so there is no one to get a license from.
Some companies bought product lines from B-H which are still manufactured, but they don't own the historic company names. Ask Hank Rentschler (hankadam)(past president of Baldwin- Hamilton) over in the BLH Forum about this and you will probably get an earful on the subject .
By the way a good place to find all things Baldwin is the BLW Yahoo Group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baldwin-locomtive-works/?...

#44495  by arnstg

The Illinois Railrod Museum at Union, Il. has rebuilt steam locos for their own use.

#45874  by creeker

anyone say Mid Continent Railroad Museum, North Freedom Wisconsin I think.