Railroad Forums 

• Current occupants of the Waterville dead line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1324730  by MEC407

Not seeing any 15-story scrap piles in that video
 #1324796  by KSmitty

Commenting on a second post of yours tonight, I'd say you need to reevaluate where you get your information.
That "Alco" cab isn't being cut up, thats simply the transfer table cab. The table runs out to those curved leads for cars/locos to access the shops.

There have been no GP38's on the property in 5 years, so they aren't cutting any up.

There have been no ALCO's on the property for hmm, 15 years give or take. So they aren't cutting any up.

There are always scrap piles roughly the size in that video in that section. Its where they store and scrap junk. It's not surprising that old junk 40ft cars would be cut up. They are old, useless cars. Customers want 50' highcubes not leaky old C plate 40 footers. Old gons, same thing. Nothing new here. And with no video of excavators with claws, I'm not inclined to think much is actually being cut up at the moment. Seems an especially strange time to cut up anything, as prices were relatively low right now.
 #1324880  by 690

dnelson wrote:I didn't see a fifteen story scrap pile in the video either. I find it somewhat hard to believe there is a pile of scrap in Waterville close to that big. Fifteen stories = http://i2.wp.com/www.roosevelthouse.hun ... o_1914.jpg
Pretty sure someone would have commented by now if there was actually a 150 foot tall pile of scrap in Waterville, that's only about ten stories taller than basically anything else in the city. :-D
 #1325531  by bml54

btw I get my info from my uncle and his friend {the one who is less reliable but makes it sound like it is real which 56% o the time it is and he worked 1 day for pan am before being fired so im thinking that's got something to do with it}
 #1325533  by bml54

I forgot I have a pic! the only things have changed are the 382 is now where the 378 is and than there is a mbta 40ph 195* the 610? ns sd40-2
the 300 or 301 is first next is the 320? than a unidentified gp7 or 9? 6*? next what looks like the 301? another unidentified gp40 than as of September the 378 now the mbta 105*? next par 382 than the 610? and a ns sd40-2
 #1325534  by 690

bml54 wrote:it was smaller because I had gone there 4 weeks after and they were well underway with trucking it off.
It was never that big to begin with.
 #1325537  by bml54

that's what my uncles friend who I get my info from said but now that I look at it and think about the crap he's told me in the past which has been wrong it was probably to begin with only like 1 1/2 stories high and the scrapping machinery has been in the same spot for 3 weeks and the crossing closest to where they would truck it off is blocked and there isn't any ruts in the road. so for now on im not taking his info seriously and am just going to post what I see for my self.
 #1325592  by doublestack

KSmitty wrote:
bml54 wrote:so for now on im not taking his info seriously and am just going to post what I see for my self.
That is a good policy. I would reccomend sticking to that!
I agree with KSmitty. Also, you should stick with your videos as they never show any inaccurate reportings.
 #1325650  by 690

KSmitty wrote:They were erroniously not dropped at Waterville when they came east.

They came up for repairs and are already back on the T in Boston.
One crew from Waterville to Lawrence!
 #1325651  by KSmitty

690 wrote:
KSmitty wrote:They were erroniously not dropped at Waterville when they came east.

They came up for repairs and are already back on the T in Boston.
One crew from Waterville to Lawrence!
I'd heard that. Amazing whats possible when something needs to happen, isnt it?