Railroad Forums 

• Current occupants of the Waterville dead line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1052708  by KSmitty

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/G ... Sightings/
You must register to become a group member. Once accepted, click on the "Files" link in the left column navigation, then scroll down looking for the folder "Pan Am Roster Summaries" the all time (D&H included) GRS/PAR roster is there as well as month by month summaries. Bill does an excellent job and his roster material is a wealth of information. He's on this board as well, and may have something further to add, but the rosters are pretty self explanatory, and very informative.
 #1123579  by MEC407

I posted this a year ago but never got an answer:
MEC407 wrote:Do we have visual confirmation that 690 was scrapped?
Does anyone know for sure whether or not 690 was scrapped?
 #1123798  by mec 381

MEC407 wrote:I posted this a year ago but never got an answer:
MEC407 wrote:Do we have visual confirmation that 690 was scrapped?
Does anyone know for sure whether or not 690 was scrapped?
690 has been scrapped.
 #1196813  by mec 381

Reader#108 wrote:Any recent sightings of 71 or 72?

Or where they finally made into razor blades?
I believe its just the 72 running around the Waterville area. 52 is stored in the the round house and the rest are stored in the dead line.
 #1196851  by 690

#72 was switching with LLPX GP38 2304 this afternoon at around 15:00. #62 is sitting by the backshop, and there's another one (#71 I think, I wasn't paying too much attention to it) in the dead line. Also in the deadline were GP40 3003 (SLR paint), and SD40-2 3491 (NS), as well as the usual group of GP40's.
 #1324690  by bml54

as you might know I have a youtube channel same user name and I took a video of watterville yard and a bunch of mec and b&m gondolas are getting cut up along with a old turn table cab or a Guilford alco cab but the pile you can see its bigger than the building I would guess its 14 or 15 stories high and next on the list is a ex mec welded rail despencer.