Railroad Forums 

• Current M&E Roster

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1556985  by TSTII

GP7u #23 with SW1500 #20 leading just came out on the main @BAKER and headed eastbound with 5 of the Comet I's plus a stainless steel baggage car(?). The still tiger-striped cab car was trailing. The latter's horn sounded coming out of the M&E siding and appeared all tail lights were lit.

Anyone know what this is about....excursion ?
 #1630854  by Bracdude181

What’s up with the two GP9s sitting at their headquarters? One is Maine Central 764 which was part of their outfit in Maine that closed down. The other is a grayish blue painted engine with no numbers or any sort of ID as to who owns it.

Anyone know what they plan on doing with these two?
 #1630861  by mandealco

The blue grey Geep is a former BAR unit that came with the other BAR units including the 23. It's been in various places on the M&E since it arrived. The Maine Eastern 764 is a former Amtrak unit. However, the real big news is the two freshly painted GP-15-1s that just arrived on the property.
Cheers
Steve
NZ
 #1630863  by Bracdude181

Yeah I heard about the GP15s. I assume they are there to replace the leased NJT GP40s?

Personally I’d like to see the GP9s running, being a fan of old diesel power.
 #1630864  by mandealco

I hear ya about the older power, but for me it's got to chug! Love the sound of a 251. In my world I still see the Alco's running.
 #1630865  by Bracdude181

Oh wow that’s a nice model you have there! Shame I never got to see the 18 and 19 in service.