Railroad Forums 

• Current BCOL/CN/DMIR/GTW/WC Retired/For Sale Locomotive List

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#156991  by natethegreat

It's sad that less then 1/3 of the engines actually run. The rest were run into the ground by CN's lack of proper maintance.

#157041  by AmtrakFan

Anyone care to donate to the save CN Locomotive fund? I hope someone buys the Alcos that will preserve them.

#157076  by stuart_iowa

lots of handyman specials there, CN usually has lots of stuff for sale.
a lot of BC rail equipment listed, cars and work cars.
could build a very nice 1to1 scale railroad in a back yard.

#157085  by natethegreat

stuart_iowa wrote:could build a very nice 1to1 scale railroad in a back yard
If only i had an extra million or so laying around... :wink:

#157090  by emd_SD_60

I would be scoring for the lone DMIR SD38 and WC SD45, and the two GT SD40's, if it was me. :wink:

And now, here's the list, with pictures:
http://www.cn.ca/about/surplus_assets/s ... cial.shtml

#166681  by Tadman

talk about a lot of junk...

minus the GP7's going to a shortline, there's almost nothing worth buying for operation - someone like NRE might buy that stuff to part it out.

#192207  by emd_SD_60

If I was to buy the WC SD45, i'd take out the 20-645 and put a 16-710 in. :wink: Then have everything else upgraded to SD70 specs. A SD70 in a SD45 carbody. Think those HTC-R's would fit also?