Railroad Forums 

• Cumbres And Toltec Scenic RR--Part Two

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#452872  by bob

I just picked up this information from a discussion group about this weekends "special charters" on the C&TSRR.
"While standing on the right-of-way in the Chama yard, several elderly people were almost hit by an engine going to the coal shute".
How interesting is that? Especially since it is my understanding that the "charter" group does NOT carry liability insurance!
Who would have had to pay for the injuries? The people themselves, the railroad, (i.e., the taxpayers of New Mexico and Colorado) or the charter company?
How interesting! Especially since this particular charter company charges $1600 per couple.