Railroad Forums 

• CSX track worker spt hiring pool

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1066108  by Doug85

I go to REDI aug 13th i just found out. I am from Seneca Falls, NY. The job was listed in Lyons, NY but i hired for system production team not a section gang
 #1303618  by GP30

I just went through a phone screen interview on Friday afternoon for System Production Team. They were very interested that I had a couple years prior experience as Track worker and Track Inspector on a shortline. Supposed to be recommended for a face-to-face interview. I feel like my odds are pretty good, sound like they are hiring several guys for SPT. I was bumped up to "Pending Manager Interview" early Monday morning.

If I am hired, I was told I could go into REDI training in March, possibly earlier...... I know, just too early in process right now.

I was told during the phone screen that SPT's generally move to southern regions during winter to keep working. Are furloughs in SPT's during winter months frequent?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future, but I've been reading this and other threads, as well. Thanks!

Pat
 #1303997  by Freddy

System Production Team
System Production Gang
I think their both the same. Gang is an old term and team came into being sometime in the 90s.
 #1304028  by travelgang

Freddy wrote:System Production Team
System Production Gang
I think their both the same. Gang is an old term and team came into being sometime in the 90s.
Thanks! I was curious about that.
 #1307104  by GP30

A month later and I'm still "Pending Manager Interview". The posting I applied for was reposted on 12/9, set to expire 12/14, I'ms till showing having applied for it and whatnot. Just curious why it was reposted, assumign not enough qualified folks to interview other than myself and whoever else in my area awaiting an interview.
 #1308364  by travelgang

They are only actually hiring 40 to 50 out of the 5 locations posted. I know several who are interviewing Monday at days inn. Don't know why it was reposted but looks good for u.