Railroad Forums 

• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1598942  by CPF363

CSX stated to regulators during the approval process that they plan to invest more than $100 million in infrastructure improvements across Pan Am lines within the next three years. Post any system-wide improvements to track structure, terminals and yards here as CSX's integration of Pan Am moves forward.
 #1600896  by neman2

This video from You Tube by Stephen Demboske shows a crew from Manafort Transit performing thermite welds on June 21 in Royalston, Ma. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrYygGX9N0 So who is hiring this private contractor to work on this track? CSX, NS or Berkshire and Eastern? Only guy at site wearing Pan Am vest looks like he's a flagger.
If you want to know about Manafort Transit-------https://manafort.com/manafort-transit/
 #1601519  by mrj1981

The only report I can recall of MOW supplies moving north was a cut of 25 loaded ballast cars coming north towards Rigby maybe two weeks ago. Someone commented that they were "all for Rigby" - and, thinking back on it, it's not totally clear if that meant (a) they were bound for Rigby (and would be forwarded on from there), or (b) they were meant to be dumped in and around Rigby Yard itself. (If it's option B, then that tells you a bit about CSX's vision for Rigby as a hub for Maine operations.) As a general matter, I find myself agreeing with FireTiger that I would have expected to see a lot more material coming up by now.

CSX noted somewhere that their only two "real" plans for MOW upgrades this year were "two sections of mainline" - which I figured would be the Worcester Main and the Stony Brook. But even there - it's not like they're not going to lay CWR the whole way; when will that rail arrive on site?
 #1602243  by neman2

OK so keep in mind this is not a visual confirmation but a "radio monitoring. " Today at 10:04 hours M427 was given a" Form D Line 4 for single track out of service from MP 25 to Burncoat in charge of foreman Jones" In addition another" foreman name ? "was working his way with Track car 1000 and-- 3 additional equipment from CPF-312 to the Hill Yard about the same time. Could be a precursor of upcoming work on the Worcester Main.
 #1602448  by neman2

Very good possibility, that's the best way to proceed with this type of project. Geometry, drainage, and signal requirement transitions are much easier to tie into from a long distance from a crossing that is in good condition than "shoe horning" a 40-50 foot crossing into track that is already rebuilt.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1602496  by johnpbarlow

Here is a photo of 2 track panels near New Bond St xing that are obviously part of a turnout - I’m guessing CSX is building a passing/parking siding between New Bond and Burncoat St?

That’s M427 tied down at noon Sunday 7/17/22 waiting on a crew to go to Selkirk.
Attachments:
7EC64E05-472D-4C9E-8BFA-05B0C6A1B760.jpeg
7EC64E05-472D-4C9E-8BFA-05B0C6A1B760.jpeg (4.02 MiB) Viewed 15714 times