Railroad Forums 

• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1609687  by jwhite07

Interesting how at least one of the gons has clearly been marked for the torch per AAR Rule 90 (interchange prohibited) but there it is, still in service with a foreign road mark (SPSX = Progress Rail Leasing).
 #1609760  by CN9634

CPF66 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:29 pm
newpylong wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 am What? CSX has committed (and already begun to expend) more capital into the physical plant in the first 5 years of owning PAR than the Grinch likely spent out of pocket (ie without grant or state subsidies) in its entire 40 year existence.
I should clarify, the only thing CSX is interested in is the main line. I do business with several customers who had high hopes for CSX and submitted letters of approval to the STB. None of them are impressed with the new owners. Atleast before they could get an excuse from Bellerica. Under CSX they cannot even get anyone to answer their calls.
Who are your shipper friends? CSX hired Clements and Turner from PAR who are now and before the takeover have been in place… not sure why any shipper would be calling on Jacksonville….

https://www.csx.com/share/wwwcsx15/asse ... %20Map.pdf

https://www.csx.com/share/wwwcsx15/asse ... %20Map.pdf
 #1609764  by CN9634

Typically you go to your local sales or business dev rep with any issues. CS provides reporting, billing and other admin support but I always had my local rep on speed dial for when “things go bump in the night.” If you’re a big account your rep might assign you an inside sales rep at the HQ again for day to day issue.
 #1609771  by neman2

EDFLD Bill wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:13 pm "Does anybody know where all these turnouts are going?"

These are switches for yard track. They have self guarding frogs with no guardrails. I would say Rigby is where they're going.
As of 15:00 hours today they are gone from Westford.
 #1609777  by CN9634

I also forgot to mention on the 'infrastructure' update there are new car readers at Morse Rd in New Gloucester, ME (about MP 174 or so). There are actually two readers-- one on each side. Last note, the old reader is still in place at Blake right up the road but I don't think it's actually worked in years. Curious if the new detector will go here as well.
 #1609791  by newpylong

CN9634 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:57 pm Typically you go to your local sales or business dev rep with any issues. CS provides reporting, billing and other admin support but I always had my local rep on speed dial for when “things go bump in the night.” If you’re a big account your rep might assign you an inside sales rep at the HQ again for day to day issue.
Then that is interesting. I met Clements when he was new on the RR and was in the field meeting customers. Nice guy, he seemed genuinely concerned with good service, but was hamstring back the lack of the Transportation department being able to follow through.
 #1609792  by johnpbarlow

taracer wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:42 pm https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/traff ... ng-repairs

This is on the line to RJ, don't mind the negative spin headline on the page. This channel is always negative.
It's interesting that CSX is identified as the RR fixing this crossing as opposed to Pan Am Southern. But maybe that's just a subtlety as CSX being the current employer of PAS personnel is the public face of the operation (I was taken aback a little when I watched a recent video of a 16R crew change at the East Portal of Hoosac Tunnel and the crew were wearing CSX visi-vests boarding an NS leader).

Q: is this only track maintenance project that CSX is undertaking on PAS?
Last edited by johnpbarlow on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1609793  by newpylong

Why is either weird? The ST is the operator of PAS. The ST is now owned by CSX. Every single employee that was on the ST including T&E and MOW are now CSX employees.

No, CSX is doing ALL the trackwork on PAS as the current operator.
Last edited by newpylong on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1609794  by johnpbarlow

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I was just making a rhetorical observational comment, that's all. BTW, I used the word "interesting", not "weird".

WRT your CSX doing all the PAS track work comment, what other track projects is CSX performing on PAS currently?
Last edited by johnpbarlow on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.