Railroad Forums 

• CSX screws Amtrak again

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#160050  by CSX Conductor

Well, those guys in Oak Point did it again. One crew managed to bring one of Amtrak's highest volume routes to a hault today. Fortunatley service was restored. :-)

Darn New Yorkers! :P

For more info check out the thread over in the AMTRAK forum.

#160071  by Robert Paniagua

I saw, and now, all AE service is............................OUT!!

I think CSXT should be more careful in using the Amtrak NEC track, since is heavily used by passengers including LIRR.

#160120  by CSX Conductor

Robert, I don't think they were on Amtrak. Pretty sure they were in the yard. :wink: Either way by looking at those pics last night I was surprised it was that big if it was due to train handling.

#160829  by Robert Paniagua

Ok, I see now, although I think the wreck cleanup at the South Bronx is now almost complete, so that service can resume very soon.

#161132  by charlie6017

I read in the NY State forum that all operations have resumed.

#161377  by paulrail

Over on the New Haven Forum, (www.nhrhta.org) an aerial view of the wreck scene was posted. Two former employees of the NH thought the accident was due to a "hard hitch."

Any thoughts ?........

Paul

#161405  by AmtrakFan

Robert Paniagua wrote:I saw, and now, all AE service is............................OUT!!

I think CSXT should be more careful in using the Amtrak NEC track, since is heavily used by passengers including LIRR.
The only solution expect sueing CSXT is give them the boot. Charlie ALL service is back.

#161477  by CSX Conductor

paulrail wrote:Two former employees of the NH thought the accident was due to a "hard hitch."

Any thoughts ?........

Paul

One hell of a hard hitch of that was the case. As I stated in the Amtrak forum, the original CSXT report in the computer was slack excessive action and blamed the accident on train handling.