Railroad Forums 

• CSX's TT

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#235614  by ToledoTerminalRy

I noticed tonight that when trains are stopped on the TT at (for)Vickers, once they are moving, the second train moves and actually occupy the same block that the first is Still in (approx. 1/4 mile ahead). The first signals to the North of Vickers govern a interlocking (crossovers). If I remember correctly an Interlocking cannot be Stop and Proceed even if there is a number board on the signal correct? SO how can CSX operate in the Same Block as the previous train. Please Help Me.

Ryan

P.S. When I worked for NS they taked as if CSX were to get out of NORAC. Did they get out and form their own Book of Rules?

#235670  by railohio

At the interlocking (the diamond itself) they cannot occupy the same block. However since this block is so small -- the width of the two cross tracks -- you're probably seeing them in the same block prior to the diamond in which case they would be stop-and-procede intermediates.

And CSX was never part of NORAC. Only their former Conrail territories used those rules and in the last year they were all supposed to switch to CSX operating rules although many of the crews have resisted that move.