Railroad Forums 

• CSX running to FP on sundays now.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #321488  by DogBert

Just an fyi. it's been going on a few weeks now. trains generally seem to be 20-30 cars, will probably grow a bit over time...

Rumored extended siding/second track north of fresh pond to just N/W of the BQE might on in next year.

Amtrak, btw, is doing more work on the HG bridge & viaduct, lots of scaffolding around the subway station at 31st street. I suppose they will fnally be shoring up those ominous looking cracks in the arch above the subway platform and on the sides...
 #321553  by SwitchMonkey

Yes, CSX runs down trains on Sundays
 #321628  by murfunit

I saw the scaffolding today while shopping on 31st Street. Peter Vallone, the NYC City Councilman and powerful Astoria politician whose office is up the street from the viaduct, raised a stink about concrete chunks falling into the street just recently.

On Friday afternoons I used to see retired M1's on flatcars heading for their final destination.
 #328521  by DogBert

murfunit wrote:I saw the scaffolding today while shopping on 31st Street. Peter Vallone, the NYC City Councilman and powerful Astoria politician whose office is up the street from the viaduct, raised a stink about concrete chunks falling into the street just recently.

On Friday afternoons I used to see retired M1's on flatcars heading for their final destination.

This is a good thing... i'm not sure how long it's been there (at least a year or two) but there's a very ominous looking crack at the top of the arch on the south side, cutting northward several feet. it didn't make for a very healthy looking structure, especially with numerous other cracks along the face of the structure.