Railroad Forums 

• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#578865  by changed

They called me about a week before I had to leave!
 #578992  by CSXTPA1974

I am due for the September 29th class.. starts on monday.. they want you there on Sunday.. coming from Tampa with 9 other guys... havent got confirmation in email or phone call but signed all the paperwork needed to be signed. Now jus waiting for that call..
 #578999  by C130Mech

I should start on the 12th. Have to call tomorrow to schedule my physical and just waiting to hear when I go for the strength test.
 #579437  by devionx

Hey, DRay and biscuit, I'm out of Fort Wayne going to be a conductor in Garrett and I'll be heading down to Atlanta on the 26th, also. I've been cleared through all of the tests. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. Are you driving or flying? I opted to fly.
 #579622  by DRay

I'm flying down. Hey when did you take your phyical and strength test? I took mine 2 wks ago today and haven't heard anything yet.
 #579635  by yubtrpn

I got my email today. I have to book my own flight, but they pretty much spell everything out for you. The only thing that suprised me was that I go for a week starting September 29th, and then another week starting December 1st.
 #579644  by LMT223

yubtrpn wrote:I got my email today. I have to book my own flight, but they pretty much spell everything out for you. The only thing that suprised me was that I go for a week starting September 29th, and then another week starting December 1st.
Congrats! Yep thats how it is with track-workers. You go a week then to your yard and back for the second week. I didn't get an email, yet. I did talk to the HR rep and they said I was cleared with them and my info had been sent to a manager over the area I will be working. That's been two weeks ago. Now it's up to him to set me up for a start date. I hope they don't drop the ball with me like they did you for a couple of months. So who knows when I will get to start. Did they only send the email to you or are there other names. I was just curious about the class size. I think 30 is usually the max.
 #579653  by yubtrpn

LMT223 wrote:
yubtrpn wrote:I got my email today. I have to book my own flight, but they pretty much spell everything out for you. The only thing that suprised me was that I go for a week starting September 29th, and then another week starting December 1st.
Congrats! Yep thats how it is with track-workers. You go a week then to your yard and back for the second week. I didn't get an email, yet. I did talk to the HR rep and they said I was cleared with them and my info had been sent to a manager over the area I will be working. That's been two weeks ago. Now it's up to him to set me up for a start date. I hope they don't drop the ball with me like they did you for a couple of months. So who knows when I will get to start. Did they only send the email to you or are there other names. I was just curious about the class size. I think 30 is usually the max.
Thanks, that particular email was only addressed to me. I'm probably going to be the only one going from the Bmore area.
 #579661  by LMT223

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious if it was a full class. Hopefully not. Maybe they can get me scheduled within the next week or so.
 #579715  by mkl2008

i also got my e-mail today about the sept. 29 class. i will be working out of athens, ga so not much more than an hours drive for me. hope everyone else gets good news. i have been waiting for this for over 2 months. what a relief.
 #579805  by Jon Doe

Well I called yesterday to figure out whats going on. They basically misplaced my information! So I have to re-do my physical Thursday. She said there is still a chance I can catch the class on the 29th. She said if not then it will DEF be in November! Im sorta mad because I am in weird situation and starting that class would of worked out perfect. Im hoping they can get my info fast enough from that physical so I can start already. Im ready to start! The lady was really nice and said she was sorry this happened to me multiple times. So I might have to wait ANOTHER couple months again! We'll see, but atleast I got all this figured out.

To all you guys to got you paperwork...Congrats and goodluck. Hopefully Ill be able to meet some of you there. We shall see.
 #579874  by devionx

Physical - 29 August
Strength - 5 September

I got my results back over the phone because there was an issue with my vision. The medical department told me that I passed everything else (physical, hair sample, strength) but they had an issue with my vision. During the physical, the physician said I had 20/50 in my right eye which I knew was a crock of @#$%. The medical department asked if I'd had my eyes examined within the last 12 months (which I had) and could I fax that report in. Yeah, the report says I'm 20/30 without glasses. So, anyway, I got to hear my results and knew that I was good to go before being officially notified... which I still haven't been.
 #579999  by DRay

Thats cool....wish they would tell me soon!
 #580052  by biscuit

I opted to fly also. I took physical and strength tests both on September 5th, and have not heard anything yet. I just wonder alot, so gettin the good "word" would be great anytime now!! and if i make it, i'd look forward to meeting you guys as well!
 #581023  by biscuit

Devionx and Dray, keep me posted on whether or not you hear something. it's been 2 weeks to the day and i havent heard anything. i may call the lady if i don't hear anything by the end of next week because there was an issue at my phyical.....the health clinic had written down my SSN wrong on all the paperwork, so i had to go back with the doctor guy and cross them all out and write the new ones in....made me nervous......then to hear about the guy above that had his info misplaced, i don't want that to happen!! have a good weekend!