Railroad Forums 

• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#576398  by LMT223

What job are you you going into? I am waiting to hear from CSX on a track-worker position. I've cleared the medical department so it's just hurry up wait for me now.
 #576422  by new2Darail

Anyone going to REDI Sep. 28?
 #576489  by LMT223

What craft are you going into?
 #576546  by yubtrpn

Well, I haven't gotten the email with my itinerary as far as flight confirmations and such, but I got the call today and they said my class (trackworker) starts on September 29th. I can only assume that I'll be leaving for the REDI center on the 28th.
 #576547  by reesecsx

Will be there September the 28 just waiting on Medical Clearance. Should hear from them any day now.
 #576549  by reesecsx

I will be there the 28th (Conductor) Waiting on Medical Clearance. Hope to hear from them any Day now.
 #576604  by biscuit

Conductor, Pretty excited! young, single, n ready to work for the RR!
 #576726  by Jim Rockford

your attitude will change when you start working on your own. good luck while your there though.
 #576798  by COEN77

Jim Rockford wrote:your attitude will change when you start working on your own. good luck while your there though.
Things have changed it wasn't long ago that you were gung-ho. It is different when your promoted and marked up. You understand the difference between our two yards their like night and day. I just found out that a young conductor with two months on the job I worked with ended up in an investigation for not clearing the yellow tye at ACCA. I called my LC to find out why I wasn't charged as being a member of the crew because I feel there are extenuating circumstances in this case. AACA under the Florence Div does what ever they want and the union allows it. That's why I work the other yard when I don't stand for a decent job I'll go back on the road.
 #576840  by new2Darail

I'm going for conductor classes I have already did the physical and strength test now I'm just waiting on the call. The waiting is killing me.
 #576844  by Jon Doe

Well I think Im suppose to start on Sept 28th. I got a call about 4 months ago asking if I wanted a July 20th class but I turned it down because I had plans to see family. I hated to do it but I had to. So she said "Thats fine, it looks like your class is still set for September 28th then". But I havent heard nothing and its what...the 9th? Shouldnt I of got something by now?
 #576855  by new2Darail

You may need to call HR cause I have read of one case where DHL never delivered the guy paper work to CSX. Luckily the guy took it upon his self to call and get things straight out.
 #576926  by Jim Rockford

Hey , don't get me wrong bro, I like my job , and i still love coming to work, and i really don't feel threatened over at acca, but i do know i have to mind my p's and q's but i don't hesitate to ask a question when something comes up that i feel could be taken sevral ways , just to get aclear answer on how they want something done, CSX pays me to do a job, and how ever they want it done, that is the way i'll give it to em, cause I can't see it from my house..lol.
 #577180  by COEN77

I never stated you didn't like the job. I was only pointing out the differences between managements an it's the same railroad. At AACA at the present time there are 20 people road/yard who are being brought up on charges from minor to major ones. It's like a ghost town up there where once it was a busy bussling yard every track was full with trains waiting to fill an empty slot.
 #577377  by LMT223

Has anyone received their itinerary email yet? Let us know if you do. I've been told that I cleared medical but nothing was said about a start date. I'm hired for track-worker so hoping to be going on the 28th as well.