Railroad Forums 

• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1301537  by travelgang

I will be starting at redi center dec 1st for track worker system production. Anyone else going down then?
 #1305780  by Marco00

To all who have been through the training for freight conductor at Redi:
I failed my first quiz today with an 84%.. Now my overall dropped to an 87%. This job will make me or break me, I have nothing if I don't get this job. It's only week two, but I am feeling the pressure, and am going nuts because I failed this quiz today. Am I overreacting? Any tips?

Also, any tips on the signals test?

Thanks!
 #1305911  by Marco00

Guys,

I'm at Redi center now. Did terrible at the last two quizzes (80 and 84%). 2nd week is not starting out too well. My overall percentage is 88-89%. I am worried.
This freight conductor job is so important to me. I study on my down time. Heck, that's all I did during Thanksgiving break. Am I just overreacting? Or is it time to panic?
I plan to study like crazy here on out. I need this job badly.

Tips on getting through the next few weeks and the signals test will be appreciated! Thanks!
 #1306521  by joshua0131

Don't worry about your signals tests just yet. Wait till weeks 3 and 4 to knock those out. Just focus on the next exam/test as they come up. Read over each module a couple of times after class or the next day depending on your schedule. You can also go online and use quizlet.com to help you, but don't rely only on it. The way I take test is to read the question and go with the first answer I feel, don't over think the questions and don't read too much into the questions. Week 2 is the hardest week and then week 5 is difficult but not as hard as week 2. Good luck to you.
 #1307114  by tslo91

Hello everybody. I have been hired by CSX out of the Collinwood Yard in Cleveland, OH for the freight conductor position. My tentative start date for the REDI is 1/12/15. I've been seeing everybody posting on here saying to make sure you know your signals. I've been doing a lot of googling and was able to come across a PDF of CSX Operating Rules effective January 2014. They show a few differnt types of signals such as the standard signals, Chessie, Conrail and Cab signals. Im curious as to if anybody that is either currently at the REDI or have recently graduated fill me in which ones or if all of them will we be tested on. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible before I get down there. The more I can study up on now the easier it will be while I'm there I believe. Thanks in advance to anybody that can give me any insight to this.
 #1310836  by tslo91

I have a question for anybody that can help me out. I see that CSX give you $20 a day food allowance. Now my question is do we pay out of pocket, keep the receipts and turn them in to be reimbursed, or do we get some sort of reloadable food card?
 #1311221  by jburris427

I just got hired out of Etowah, TN and Feb. 2nd is my start date for REDI. Anyone else on here starting that day?
 #1311685  by Knucklehead

tslo91 wrote:I have a question for anybody that can help me out. I see that CSX give you $20 a day food allowance. Now my question is do we pay out of pocket, keep the receipts and turn them in to be reimbursed, or do we get some sort of reloadable food card?
Used to be that you pay out of pocket and they include $20 in your paycheck
 #1311705  by tslo91

Hey thanks a lot. I'm getting ready to leave for the airport now. I guess it won't be to long until I find out for sure how everything works do there.
 #1331591  by Frank392

Philly117 wrote:Anybody headed to REDI on the 25th of May? Hired out of Jacksonville.
I'm at the REDI now. Graduate next Friday (22nd) if I can pass my final tests and my signals this week. I still have 3 more tries on the signals. Feel free to msg me if you have any questions.
 #1332675  by Roscoe

Heading down on June 1st for track worker training. Been waiting a long time for this.