Railroad Forums 

• CSX on Septa's Warminster Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#971791  by warminsterrider

Does CSX still run up the Warminster Line to service anybody. I know they used to service Philadelphia Macaroni, but I noticed right after the switch there is a de-railer, so I do not think trains run up there anymore. If anyone could tell me if they still run up, and what time so I could get some cool pictures that would be great. Thanks.
 #973558  by bluedash2

warminsterrider wrote:Does CSX still run up the Warminster Line to service anybody. I know they used to service Philadelphia Macaroni, but I noticed right after the switch there is a de-railer, so I do not think trains run up there anymore. If anyone could tell me if they still run up, and what time so I could get some cool pictures that would be great. Thanks.
CSX is in the process of selling off the Lansdale Cluster (if it hasn't been done already). They are a night time operation to Warminster (coming down from Lansdale) to interchange with the New Hope & Ivyland accross Street Rd. Usually between 10-11pm from what I've read. The one industry up off of Street Rd right above the Septa Warminster Station is handled by the NH&I. I believe that is the only industry along the line until the NH&I.
 #974865  by BuddSilverliner269

CSX no longer runs to Warminster. The change took place about a month ago where the Pennsylvania Northeastern (New hope & Ivyland and the East Penn joint railroad) now handles all of the Lansdale Cluster. CSX bring the cars from Woodbourne Yard to Lansdale and thats it....
 #975339  by bth8446

I live a block off the rails along this line. Delivery hours could be any night time hours. earliest usually around 10:30 PM.
Before Warminster, there was one place that takes delivery, at county line road. It is a Pasta production plant, at least, it was.
I think the orignal brand sold it off, but there is still activity there, there are always 4 or 5 rail cars parked outside it.

street road was the other area in the immediate area with company(ies) that took delivery. I assume there has to be occassional deliveries further north, I have seen hopper/tank/box cars. Usual delivery size was 10 freight bearing cars.

I'm a late nighter, I'll see if I can catch a train go by. I didn't know if it was the economy or what, but it seems
the train lenghts have decreased. I'll see who's engines they are
 #975383  by amtrakhogger

The freight local that worked the Warminster Line usually ran up the branch from Carmel around 1230a-100a, after the last Septa Local (4274.) Sometimes if he was early, Wind (in my day) would maybe run him to Lynn on #1 track or up to Grove siding and wait there for the 4274 to clear.
 #984466  by bth8446

Finally caught train going up to warminster around 1 AM. Had engine 8212 on one end, didn't catch the other.
There was no flag being waved (not CSX or NS). 8212 had CSX blue though.

Had 9 cars, few hoppers, box, tank. So thats servicing more than just the pasta place on County Line road along the tracks.
thats going north of warminster
 #986238  by aquadan005

bth8446 wrote:Finally caught train going up to warminster around 1 AM. Had engine 8212 on one end, didn't catch the other.
There was no flag being waved (not CSX or NS). 8212 had CSX blue though.

Had 9 cars, few hoppers, box, tank. So thats servicing more than just the pasta place on County Line road along the tracks.
thats going north of warminster
Where did you catch this train at, and coming from? On SEPTA tracks?
 #986310  by nomis

You caught the Pennsylvania Northeastern RR (East Penn and NHIR partnership) lansdale to warminster turn ... CSX on the Warminster line is no more, as they are replaced from the Lansdale cluster and associated trackage rights.