Railroad Forums 

• CSX New Locomotive Orders in 2011?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#861600  by Ira

Any word on CSX and there capital spending, Locomotives that is. What kind of numbers are they talking and what Co will be getting the Locomotive bid. Something in 2011 has to break!
 #861892  by atsf sp

I have not heard of any new locomotive bids or orders coming out of CSX but they do have a lot of mid life(whether the engine is at or past mid life) rebuilds in the process. These include B40-8s, GP39s, SD50s, SD40-2s, and AC6000CWs. There may also be more.
 #864494  by ckwwestshore

From a Buffalo standpoint, CSX has a motive power shortage, and there are about 20 or so ex-Conrail SD70MACs being leased to FXE, so it isn't out of the question, but with the rebuilding going on, they will do okay without. What are we missing out on? Another order of GEVOS? :-D
 #864735  by sd80mac

ckwwestshore wrote:From a Buffalo standpoint, CSX has a motive power shortage, and there are about 20 or so ex-Conrail SD70MACs being leased to FXE
Along with couple of BNSF's sd70mac?? where did u get that info from?
 #867390  by ckwwestshore

sd80mac wrote:
ckwwestshore wrote:From a Buffalo standpoint, CSX has a motive power shortage, and there are about 20 or so ex-Conrail SD70MACs being leased to FXE
Along with couple of BNSF's sd70mac?? where did u get that info from?
I believe that the BNSF units are back, and the info is from a series of yahoo groups that discuss CSX operations. No big "inside" confirmation or anything, but I wouldn't doubt it's true.