Railroad Forums 

• CSX Mohawk Sub Traffic Updates

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1386842  by cd2434

From this Amtrak info page:
https://www.amtrak.com/empire-service-train" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (See service notice on page)
From April 24 through July 13, CSX Transportation will perform extensive track work between Albany-Rensselaer and Niagara Falls, NY. To accommodate this work, Empire Service and Maple Leaf schedules will be adjusted.

-Trip times between Albany-Rensselaer and Niagara Falls will increase by up to 25 minutes.
-On Sunday through Wednesday, Trains 284 and 281 will not run.
-Some train numbers will change, however, frequencies between Albany-Rensselaer and New York will not be affected.
-Some trains will depart earlier. To avoid missing your train, check Amtrak.com, our free mobile apps or speak with Amtrak personnel for the most up-to-date schedules.

We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for traveling with Amtrak.
Just from my general observations this is certainly happening. I've spotted lots of MoW equipment in the Fonda and Little Falls areas. Does anyone have any specific info about what projects are going on? Also, I've noticed longer periods of little or no traffic, has CSX adjusted times to avoid the track-work or is this just normal traffic fluctuation? Has this maintenance affected the traffic in general on the line? Any info or discussion about this is welcome.

Also this post could be used for any future projects, or discussion of Mohawk Sub traffic in general. For a generally busy line I was surprised I couldn't find many topics for it already.
 #1388497  by East Coast Railfan

I have noticed a big decline in traffic on Mohawk sub too. Was in Fonda last weekend and only was seeing a train and hour, usually see 3-4 and hr in this area. I wonder if anyone else has any more info on the recent decline??? I have seen recent videos on YouTube of the usual 3-4 trains an hour not sure what the deal is??