Railroad Forums 

• CSX locomotives in Maine

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1054701  by merrman

Here is the info for Rigby as of 1330 today:

POSJ: CSXT 5140 on point

What I beleive to be POED power 506w/BNSF5464w/380e/316e.

What I beleive to be PORU power: 344e/508e/380w.
 #1054714  by drcrf93

merrman wrote:Here is the info for Rigby as of 1330 today:

POSJ: CSXT 5140 on point

What I beleive to be POED power 506w/BNSF5464w/380e/316e.

What I beleive to be PORU power: 344e/508e/380w.
Thanks for the report. The foreign power you mentioned was part of the past oil train. I saw reports that CSX 7352 was leader of today's POSE. Wondering if the lack of CSX power on SEPO has anything to do with the CSX power coming up here on the oil train? Not really alot of CSX power on the oil trains, but it is staying on PAR for longer periods of time. Regardless, I think it is really interesting to see CSX power being used on freights between Rigby and Waterville!
 #1204238  by drcrf93

I read recently on the GuilfordRailSightings group on Yahoo that SEPO/POSE are swapping power in Lowell again. Anyone heard anything else about this? There hasn't been any CSX power into Rigby for almost two weeks now.
 #1204287  by newpylong

Either they got put in "time out" again by CSXT or they don't want to pay for HP hours because they just ended a poor year financially.
 #1204300  by fogg1703

Poor year financially? Arent volumes up system wide? Add the unit grain, limestone, coal and oil trains and one would think they would be doing better than years past. PAS rates hurting the bottom line?
 #1204330  by CN9634

They had a few costly derailments (Keag and Glenville) and the FRA came down on them to do some emergency repair work. Oil trains are gone for now and Rigby is back logged. Crew shortage per usual. Doesn't matter the volume if you can't move it....

Also remember PAS is a whole different beast.
 #1204409  by newpylong

fogg1703 wrote:Poor year financially? Arent volumes up system wide? Add the unit grain, limestone, coal and oil trains and one would think they would be doing better than years past. PAS rates hurting the bottom line?
No, revenue across PAS and PAR is down from last year and are so are carloads. There have been less Oil and coal trains and freight in general is down.
 #1205045  by drcrf93

newpylong wrote:Either they got put in "time out" again by CSXT or they don't want to pay for HP hours because they just ended a poor year financially.
CN9634 wrote:The latter.
Thanks for the info guys!