Railroad Forums 

• CSX Jacksonville Div & Albany Div Railfan Guide Completed!!!

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1400333  by Spdfile1

I have completed Railfan Guides for the CSX Jacksonville Division & Albany Division over on the RadioReference website. They are not as complete as the Timetable's themselves but provide key info with special attention given to the Defect Detectors including coordinates of there exact location as well as the radio frequency they transmit on and there FCC Callsign. The links are as follows:
CSX Jacksonville Division - http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... e_Division" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CSX Albany Division - http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... y_Division" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please enjoy and feel free to let me know if any corrections are needed. More Division's will be coming!!!!
 #1405223  by Spdfile1

I have just completed the Atlanta Division Railfan Guide. Here is the link. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... a_Division" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next side project is to post a bunch of Defect Detector recordings on several subdivisions on the Albany Division. They are all from the mid 2000's when the detectors still said Conrail.
 #1406570  by Spdfile1

I just finished posting all of my Defect Detector Recordings on the RadioReference Site for the following subdivisions on the CSX Albany Division.

Mohawk Sub.
Syracuse Terminal Sub.
Rochester Sub.
West Shore Sub.
Buffalo Terminal Sub.
St. Lawrence Sub.

They are all from when the detectors said "Conrail". I also managed to get the Batavia Detector right after it was changed over to say "CSX". I also spent a day in Buffalo and managed to get the CP437 & CP DRAW detectors as well which is a treat. These were all recorded circa late 2000's.

They were recorded on a mini-cassette recorder that is now about 20 years old. It wanted to eat the tapes recently so I took it to a place that converted the audio into CD format. I then saved the audio from the CD to my laptop. I then recorded the audio from my laptop to my i-phone and then e-mailed it to myself so that I could save each one individually (as the CD had it as one 41-minute section). There may have been a better way but it worked for me. However the format was m4a which RadioReference does not recognize so I had to change the files to zip format which RadioReference does recognize. So hopefully most people can access the recordings. I can no problem but not thru my i-phone (possibly maybe because it doesn't support zipped files?!?!). When I go to work tonight I will access them on a totally different computer to make sure. Please advise if there are any problems.

I have some NS Detector recordings I took while railfanning around Horseshoe Curve including one with a female voice that I will post when I get to doing the NS Railfan Guides

Next step since I've done the CSX Jacksonville Division and the FEC Line is to get out and take some recordings of those detectors. Enjoy!!!!!
 #1406618  by Spdfile1

Ok thank you. Good Info!!! I will make the corrections.
boatsmate wrote:Great job. a couple of corrections to the B&A (Boston sub) CSX territory now ends at CP 45 headed east. Kiolis (MBTA) now has the track from CP 45 to CP 3
 #1408271  by Spdfile1

Yesterday I went out and the goal was to capture Defect Detector recordings of the 3 detectors on the Miami Sub. Well I only got 2 recordings of the Oakland Park detector as the batteries in the scanner died. I did manage to get one of each track and they are posted next to the detector listing on the CSX Miami Sub railfan guide (Link is on the first post). Some stuff I learned today. The frequency has changed on the detectors from CSX's 161.100 to SFRTA's (South Florida Regional Transportation Authority) 161.475. Also the detectors say "SFRTA" and no longer say "CSX". Everything else appears the same. I wish I had went out and recorded them when they still said CSX. I hope to get the other 2 detectors within the next week or so.
 #1408319  by waldwickrailfan

A few things about the River Line:

1) NI controls the whole line from CP1-CPSK now
2) CP35 does not exist anymore
3) CP36 and CP38 are now a thing
4) It is track 1 (east) and track 2 (west side) between CP33 and CP38
5) There is a CP43 and CP45 now. 10,714 feet long
6) They got rid of CP121
7) There is now a CP124

Good job though! Very detailed overall
 #1410231  by Spdfile1

With the help of a fellow RadioReference subscriber I posted two Defect Detector Recordings for the P&A Sub. They are the Milepost 722.6 Detector & the Milepost 744.3 Detector. The P&A Sub is part of the Jacksonville Division and the link to the page is found on the 1st post. Enjoy!!!!!!!
 #1410354  by Spdfile1

I just went out today and took recordings on both tracks for the "Yamato" Detector & the "Summit" Detector both on the Miami Sub. The recordings are on the RadioReference Miami Sub Railfan Guide (link at the top) next to there respective listing. Next stop......Auburndale Sub!!!!!!!
 #1411637  by Spdfile1

I went out yesterday and recorded the 3 southernmost detectors on the Auburndale Sub. They are the Delta D.D. (just outside of West Palm Beach), Indiantown D.D. (formerly called the Baker D.D. in Indiantown) & the Sherman D.D. in Okeechobee. Again the link for the Auburndale Sub is on the first post. 3 down 4 more to go!!!
 #1418566  by Spdfile1

I took recordings of the last three Defect Detectors on the Auburndale Sub. They are the Sebring, West Frostproof & Winter Haven Detectors. I posted them on the Auburndale Sub Railfan Guide (link is on the first post). Enjoy!!!!!!! Next up the FEC Line!!!!!!!!!