• CSX headed to 3M in Belle Meade now (15:45 1/4)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Diamond_D

there's been a bit of discussion about it lately so I thought I'd alert those interested... just heard on the scanner C761 got permission to open up at Kyle, said he'd call in when he's in the clear at 3M. Could be he's just holding there off the main for another train, but since he's coming down from Kyle it seems like he'd be going to the plant... just thought I'd post it.

C761 arrived at 3M at 16:10. At 17:15 said they had more work to do at 3M, then they're drilling Reckitt Benckiser on the way back to Manville.

-----

On a side note, the "Conrail Manville" Yard referred to them as MA10. Is that the old Conrail symbol for this particular Manville local?

by Diamond_D

they're heading up to Reckitt now, couldn't do the pickup they wanted to at Skillman due to some track equipment on the north end of the siding.

They will heading down tomorrow with two engines and will do a push-pull. No time given, but I may try to go see that.

by kpiersol

Drove by 3M on 601 on my way to work this morning. The CP covered hopper that was sitting there is gone; don't know if it was picked up yesterday or not.