Railroad Forums 

• CSX Freight Into Boston Now

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1086476  by CSX Conductor

More restructuring on The Cranberry Sub-Division, but this time for the better. A few years back when a new trainmaster arrive he wanted to make a name for himself and reduce costs by consolidating the jobs, which in turn sent B732 to being based out of Framingham, B731 abolished and some other crazy things.

However, they have restructured alot of jobs and B731 is back, but as a day job. Also, B735 is back in Walpole, but I believe it's doing the work of the old B736 (west of Walpole to Milford). I believe B733 which services Mansfield (the way B735 did years ago) is based out of Walpole now as well.
 #1086714  by railman616

Camp Pendleton is back!!! The new trailer at Walpole is GREAT. B735 is on duty at 1935 and B733 is on duty at 0735. B732 is on duty at 1600 and B731is on at 0700 at Readville. Having the jobs back is great but the job loss at Beacon hurts bad.
 #1087036  by MBTA1016

railman616 wrote:Camp Pendleton is back!!! The new trailer at Walpole is GREAT. B735 is on duty at 1935 and B733 is on duty at 0735. B732 is on duty at 1600 and B731is on at 0700 at Readville. Having the jobs back is great but the job loss at Beacon hurts bad.
Ok that's great news since I haven't seen a csx local on the Franklin line in a while. One questions does B733 work on weekdays? I have heard train horns from Walpole high before school starts but never confirmed weither it's commuter rail or csx.
 #1087739  by railman616

B725 crosses the diamond at Walpole northbound around 5:00am. B735 has to be off the Franklin branch before 4:00am. You are most likely hearing the northbound B725.
 #1087847  by MBTA1016

Ok it's either that or mbta trains. Does the trailer at Walpole being back mean walpole yard will be busy? I have noticed it empty a lot when I go by there on 27
 #1088287  by railman616

B725 brings down the Walpole car and set them off on track 6. These are the Franklin branch customers. The outbound are picked up by B732.
 #1088979  by MBTA1016

Thanks for the replies about Walpole yard. I wasn't sure if it would be used that much anymore by csx. If csx decides to stop using it, the mbta could get it as a spare yard to store trains.
 #1089167  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Mbta fan wrote:Thanks for the replies about Walpole yard. I wasn't sure if it would be used that much anymore by csx. If csx decides to stop using it, the mbta could get it as a spare yard to store trains.
They don't plan to. If Foxboro service ever happens the layover would be over there. Walpole wye is awkward for starting/stopping at Walpole station from that yard because of the reverses required and relative difficulty of getting the locomotive pointed in the right direction for the inbound trip.
 #1090426  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Today, October 7th, 0800 hours, CSX took the signal system out of service between CP 48 and CP 44 to install the new CP 46 (the location of the old electric lock providing access to the storage trk) and will be in effect No. 2 trk only, also the new run thru trk from the west yard thru CP 45 to the storage trk (now there is a direct access in Worcester yard from CP 42 to CP 46) ....dunno how long this cut in project will take, hopefully they finished/will finish everything by Monday morning
 #1091533  by CSX Conductor

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Today, October 7th, 0800 hours, CSX took the signal system out of service between CP 48 and CP 44 to install the new CP 46 (the location of the old electric lock providing access to the storage trk) and will be in effect No. 2 trk only, also the new run thru trk from the west yard thru CP 45 to the storage trk (now there is a direct access in Worcester yard from CP 42 to CP 46) ....dunno how long this cut in project will take, hopefully they finished/will finish everything by Monday morning
Time for me to take another review trip.
 #1096678  by CSX Engineer 98

Middleboro Update: TRASK LUMBER will be moving into the old CapeCod Lumber/New England Lumber Siding just north of YD limits Middleboro Sec. sometime around November( Car loads per year ? ) great news has huge potential !!!

more work for Local B-727

Also Surface transportation Board Approves : Iowa Pacific Acquires Control of Mass Coastal Railroad… ... and 80% interest in the Mass Coastal Railroad ..
 #1096931  by fogg1703

So is Trask moving from Stoughton? That would be bad news for the Stoughton Line as it would leave Cohenno as its only customer. I'm not sure where the new location you are referring is, what town is it in?
 #1096952  by F-line to Dudley via Park

fogg1703 wrote:So is Trask moving from Stoughton? That would be bad news for the Stoughton Line as it would leave Cohenno as its only customer. I'm not sure where the new location you are referring is, what town is it in?
They'd get better service with a daily in M'boro than with a long-term shrinking weekly/run-as-directed to Stoughton. I'm sure CSX wouldn't shed a tear if Cohenno left too and they didn't have to go any further south than Westwood on the NEC out of Readville.

They've had decent luck getting their Boston-area customers relocated to more advantageous environs. First Romar to Hopedale, then this (which could very well get flipped to MassCoastal is they shed Attleboro-Middleboro-Braintree). I wonder how much arm-twisting is going on behind the scenes with the likes of Houghton Chemical and maybe a couple others to move out to the 'burbs either to more strategic CSX territories or current/potential shortline territories.
 #1097019  by fogg1703

Are you talking about the former Cameron Ashley, lastly Stock Building products siding in Lakeville? Thankfully thats not in commuter territory with Trask's history of moving cars "on there own.'