Railroad Forums 

• CSX Framingham Line questions

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1182898  by Knucklehead

Form the sounds of it, you can rest a bit easier at night. When the train outlaws, they have not been recrewing it, but allow it to sit overnight somewhere on the line, then have the regular crew bring it south at the regular start time the next day.
 #1182923  by boatsmate

that depends on Engine availability in Framingham, if they need the engines they will bring in a recrew and bring it back. also if one of the customers need something moved the next day they will leave the train in Clinton (normally) and taxi home and the next day come up with a different set and put the whole thing together in Clinton and bring it back in one big train. that happens a lot too.
 #1190731  by SpiderHill

It looks like the former Northeast Growers/Agway site has been sold. Someone has been working behind the building clearing trees and stumping the area near the siding. Maybe the new owners plan to use rail service?
 #1253175  by SpiderHill

20140225_132941433_iOS - sized.jpg
Incredibly rare over and under at Clinton today. The CSX Fitchburg Secondary local usually ties down on Tuesday and Thursday mornings in Clinton a few hundred feet south of where it was today. At 8:30am this morning SEPO was coming up the Worcester main. On my way to work today, I arrived at the crossing just as the power was passing. Sixty seconds earlier I would have had a picture of the CSX power on PAR under the bridge. Sorry for the lousy picture....iPhone grab with the sun in front.
 #1334246  by christopher1

Hello,

I work in Southborough near Rte. 9 and the Sudbury(?) Reservoir. Today's B724 passed by around 1:10pm with 2 covered hoppers, around 5 tank cars, 3 box cars, and 3-4 loaded centerbeam flats.

Chris
 #1334837  by christopher1

Today's B724 passed the Sudbury Reservoir in Southborough at 1:05pm. I was too far away to get the engine numbers, but looked like two GPs leading followed by 2 bathtub gondolas (unsure if loaded), 12 tank cars, 2 50' boxcars, and 6 loaded centerbeam flats.

Chris
 #1627510  by JCtheJames

It looks like the tracks are finally getting replaced. CSX appears to be upgrading the ancient wobbly track that's made up of 50ft sections bolted together with new ties, tie plates and heavier gauge continuously welded rail. I'm not sure how many towns are seeing this activity but Berlin and Northborough definitely are . In theory they could increase the current 10mph speed restriction on the entire branch line from Framingham to Leominster. It will be so smooth a passenger train could use it but I doubt that will happen in our lifetime. Still, it's encouraging to see the railroad putting money into their infrastructure.