Railroad Forums 

• CSX Executive Train and Office Cars Discussion and Sightings

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1256562  by jgallaway81

Does anyone know of a good, comprehensive roster of CSX's office car train equipment, including retired cars with good images I could use for modelling?

Thanks for any help.

-J.D.
 #1622177  by Jeff Smith

A story in Railway Age covered a ride-along in the CSX Executive Train: https://www.railwayage.com/freight/ridi ... -hinrichs/
Riding the Rails with Joe Hinrichs

During the past 31 years at Railway Age, I’ve done several executive train trips, ranging from the CPKC (then KCSM) Nuevo Laredo-Mexico City main to Amtrak’s 10001 between Albany and Chicago to Hunter Harrison’s Illinois Central consist to the Indiana Rail Road, and several others. In many ways, my March 15 trip between Chicago and Detroit aboard CSX’s beautifully refurbished Executive Train was the most memorable, mainly because it was an opportunity to spend time with Joe Hinrichs, CSX’s recently appointed President and CEO, and a group of industry veterans who, in more ways than one, helped shape the industry into what it is today.