Railroad Forums 

• CSX engine abduction

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#906347  by gprimr1

Looks like CSX had an engine abducted right off the main line :)
Attachments:
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
 #906651  by roadster

I'd sooner think that an add on locomotive is preparing to tie onto a train with cripple engines. Or they're taking an engine from this train, to add to a tain that needs the engine more than this one. Seen both scenarios many times over the past few months.
 #907427  by gprimr1

roadster wrote:I'd sooner think that an add on locomotive is preparing to tie onto a train with cripple engines. Or they're taking an engine from this train, to add to a tain that needs the engine more than this one. Seen both scenarios many times over the past few months.
Well yes, but that takes the fun out of it :)
 #907602  by roadster

Ok, how's this. Their in the process of filming the sequel of "Unstoppable". Is that funner. lol
 #907977  by gprimr1

:)
 #908605  by sd80mac

It could be the same locomotive. soot and marks on the roof look the same...

I noticed that in most of arieal shots. they dont cut off in middle of railroad cars or engine in most of these. they cut off where knuclkes are. for some reason they want to match 2 arieal shots together nicely. Go and look at other trains 80% of times they cut off at knuckles.. I guess that guy who does it is railfan too??
 #908689  by roadster

Ok then, I'll stir the mystery just a bit more. look at the shadow lengths of the 1st loco and the lead loco on the train. there appears to a be a significant difference, with the single engine having a longer shadow footprint than the others.
 #908737  by sd80mac

roadster wrote:Ok then, I'll stir the mystery just a bit more. look at the shadow lengths of the 1st loco and the lead loco on the train. there appears to a be a significant difference, with the single engine having a longer shadow footprint than the others.

yeah that's odd... cant explain..

also they actually didn't cut off at kunckles. they cut off the rear and portion of the radiator. the radiator is shorter than it's clone...
 #908781  by mainetrain

On a side note, NJ northbound CSX stack train L11(?) dropped off a widecab GE on the river sub just south of CP10 this morning, citing engine troubles.