Railroad Forums 

• CSX Detours Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1299008  by blocksignal

Hi All I think I may have the answer here. I caught that CSX Stack Train going through Hawthorne heading Eastbound around 5:55 PM. I got video of it on my cell phone going right past the beautifully renovated Hawthorne Train Station (courtesy of all the hard work of the Volunteer Railroaders Association Members "plug -plug-plug").

Earlier this afternoon I went down to the Bogota/Ridgefield Park area and got there about 2:30 PM. About 15 minutes later I saw 2 NYSW Locomotives (3800 and 3804) running light crossing Mt. Vernon Street and entering the East side of the railroad yard heading Westbound. When I got to Cross Street in Bogota at the West side of the railroad yard the locos were coupled up to the freight cars parked there. The local crew was making up the train and finished up around 3:45 PM. In fact just as I was leaving I noticed the lead locos headlights were off. That had to be the SU-99 for today so it could not have passed through at 2:50 PM. It is possible the SU-99 was tied down and on standby until that CSX Freight Re-Route went through. That is just my working theory. Perhaps somebody here could confirm when it finally passed through to head up to Binghamton.

Afterwards I had raced up to Hawthorne and got there about 4:15 PM. I did not see any NYSW freight train heading West (unless I just missed it) and then as I said the CSX Stack Train came through Hawthorne around 5:55 PM. I hope this info helps. Cheers.

Blocksignal.
 #1299016  by Snowmojoe

Here's the thing: 50-odd cars just went past Wortendyke a couple of minutes ago heading west. Couldn't see which units were on it or how many. I guess *that* was probably the 99?
 #1299098  by blocksignal

Hi You say there were 50 odd cars? That sounds about right because when I saw them make up the train yesterday afternoon down at the Bogota/Ridgefield Park Yard I estimated about 50 to 60 cars in total. The train had just those 2 locomotives so I figured it would not be a very big train. So yeah that had to be the SU-99. They probably had to wait until that CSX Stack Train Re-Route cleared through.

Blocksignal.
 #1299488  by blocksignal

Hi speaking of CSX detour trains running on the NYSW Main does anybody know if that will be the case for the rest of this week - more specifically this Friday? Thanks.

Blocksignal.