Railroad Forums 

• CSX derailment

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1202621  by Backshophoss

In the past LIRR had track scales at Holban Yard and in PD(scrapped 04/1963)(thanks ny+w)
Believe the "cubes" are held on by IBC's(Inter-Box Connectors) as used in double stack intermodal services,
also refered to as "pin locks".
 #1202636  by DogBert

I never noticed one at fresh pond or oak point, though that doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe there's one at harlem river or the actual loading track at the bush?
 #1202694  by KEN PATRICK

no scales on ny&a. coastal had a 352,000# hi gon stopped at selkirk 2 weeks ago. hard to believe that c&d could get that heavy. i suspect coastal loaded concrete/road stuff. msw can never get overloaded in 4 containers. cube out. even chinese restaurant waste won't overload. no scales at oak point. i had 2 overloads with mwra dewatered sludge cake in 4 containers per car. didn't register at selkirk but did on ns in north carolina. hard for a hump to catch overloads with coupled cars. i know trash cofc are 286k#. not sure about hi-side gons. there are 10 private stencils running. various ages and condition. judging by bad order increases, i suspect a car problem. ken patrick
 #1206507  by jayrmli

As mentioned earlier, no scales on NYA, but there are at least two customers that have scales - Gershow and Brooklyn Resources.
 #1206548  by monica012077

7/25/13 CSX was pretty busy trying to send as much stuff as they could that morning on B749. Got a heads up from GregoryGrice, here is the 2nd B749 to pass over the derailment site but this time I caught it across the river at Marble Hill. Led by a SD60 & an SD40-2, not 6 EMD's, but this one had a friendly female conductor and was about 100+cars long. Enjoy!