Railroad Forums 

• CSX Crew Shot After Attempted Train Robbery

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#220971  by DutchRailnut

Hmm rob train conductor and engineer ?? wow there is a big crime, most of time they won't carry more than lunch money and a 20 for fuel for ride home.

#220974  by jg greenwood

DutchRailnut wrote:Hmm rob train conductor and engineer ?? wow there is a big crime, most of time they won't carry more than lunch money and a 20 for fuel for ride home.
Mr. Nut,
You're too familiar with tying up at home every night. When you rot at the away from home terminal for who knows how long you best have adequate funds. :wink:

#221085  by Lincoln78

I lived in Lagrange (GA) from 96-98. There was not much crime there.

#221174  by Cowford

Boy CSXT is coughing up big bucks for a reward, a whole whopping $1000?!?
Well, it is $1000 more than the UTU appears willing to put forth for its brothers. :(

#221266  by charlie6017

In the past, has the UTU or BLE ever offered/given rewards for crimes such as this?

#221598  by badneighbor

a train robbery??? is Billy The Kid or Butch Cassidy back???

Seriously, I hope the two men recover soon. Just think, if they didn't see this bozo in time...

#221638  by Engineer James

Dang... I have never heard one nowadays.... wonder what they got away with.

#223538  by rocketman

The UTU said screw the reward, instead they've called out the lench mob!

Also... this story brings to light how trainman should be allowed to carry a gun.

#223562  by BayColony1706

I dont think trainmen with guns is a good idea.. i know from my RR experiance that it'd be too tempting. Instead, a lit fusee thrown at a perp would be a good deterrant :wink:

#223566  by jg greenwood

BayColony1706 wrote:I dont think trainmen with guns is a good idea.. i know from my RR experiance that it'd be too tempting. Instead, a lit fusee thrown at a perp would be a good deterrant :wink:
At times it would require considerable patience to not use the gun on the _________ or _________ . You can fill in the blanks. :-)

#223607  by blippo

This is the first time I've ever heard of the train crew getting shot while they were working

#223654  by GOLDEN-ARM

I wasn't aware of ANY properties, where the crews weren't packing. I always have mine (with a Fla. state CWP, permitting it's concealed carry), and most guys have a "little something" tucked away in the grip (NJ crews excepted). Heck, even the managers are packing out here. As the saying goes, "I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six". Words to live by. I was amazed, that CSX so "generously" offered up a G-note. I didn't think they actually put that much value, on their employees lives...... :P

#223810  by Cowford

was amazed, that CSX so "generously" offered up a G-note. I didn't think they actually put that much value, on their employees lives......
Again - where is the UTU in trying to bring the felon to justice? Maybe they're preoccupied with their own layoffs. Gosh, the UTU's not even offering buyouts to their displaced officers. Buyouts are standard with CSX officers. So, which organization cares more about their employees?

#223954  by GOLDEN-ARM

Technically, UTU members are just that, members. They are not employees, of the UTU. You have to PAY to belong, not get paid. I would wonder, though, why they haven't at least matched the extremely generous offer ( :P ), made by the CSX. Being a bankrupt Union, is not the best place to be, in todays anti-union workplace. At least they could have offered free remote control training, to the person who brings the fugitives to justice................ :P