Railroad Forums 

• CSX and labor agreements

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#122731  by AmtrakFan

I have heard that this line sale WILL be a massive fire sale.

#123097  by CSX Conductor

I understand what you're saying Noel....about in your days.....but nowadays it seems as though it has changed significantly, and not in a good direction. :(

#123098  by CSX Conductor

AmtrakFan wrote:
AmtrakFan wrote:
Oh, and Children shall be seen and not heard.
I am alllowed to say what's apporiate. Oh Yes this sale could happen within this year.
No official statements have been made about even possible sales..............they have to give notice, which they haven't yet. So scratch the thought of it being done within the next year for now.

#123118  by AmtrakFan

CSX Conductor wrote:
AmtrakFan wrote:
AmtrakFan wrote:
Oh, and Children shall be seen and not heard.
I am alllowed to say what's apporiate. Oh Yes this sale could happen within this year.
No official statements have been made about even possible sales..............they have to give notice, which they haven't yet. So scratch the thought of it being done within the next year for now.
Thank You for the info I stand corrected. Sorry bout that.

#123143  by Jay Potter

With regard to Carl Taylor, my understanding of his reputation corresponds with Nelson's; however there is one incident that might reveal another side of him.

In 1996, there was a head-on collision between two manifests that killed both crew members on one train and seriously injured both crew members on the other train. Mr. Taylor came to the accident site to expedite reopening the line; but then, when the track had been cleared, he kept the line closed until the remains of the locomotive in which the crew had been killed could be completely removed. He said that he didn't want the crews of passing trains to have to look at the wreckage as they passed by.

In the local area after that incident, there seemed to be fewer negative comments about Mr. Taylor than there had been before the incident.

#123224  by LCJ

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:cmon guys, keep it fair in here, no flaming or i will have to lock this one
Huh?

#123567  by crazy_nip

LCJ wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:cmon guys, keep it fair in here, no flaming or i will have to lock this one
Huh?
I am at a loss too...

#123595  by efin98

crazy_nip wrote:
LCJ wrote:
Huh?
I am at a loss too...
He gave a clear warning. Knock it off or the thread is closed.

#123669  by AmtrakFan

crazy_nip wrote:
efin98 wrote:
crazy_nip wrote:
LCJ wrote:
Huh?
I am at a loss too...
who died and made you two god?
No one he is making a point.

#123705  by efin98

crazy_nip wrote:
efin98 wrote:
who died and made you two god?
He is the moderator. He said for everyone to cut it out or he will lock the thread then that means everyone cut it out. Like it or not, that was an order.

#123781  by Jay Potter

I think that LCJ's point--with which I agree--is that it's unclear what the moderator said. From what I could tell, four-or-so presumably inappropriate postings were deleted; and then several nonargumentative postings were made. I then made a follow-up posting about a particular CSXT manager that I don't believe was critical of that manager and that certainly wasn't critical of any forum member. My posting was followed by the moderator's warning to "keep it fair". That leaves me wondering (1) whether the moderator thought that I had said something unfair about the manager; (2) whether the moderator was even referring to my posting; and (3) whether, in view of the previously deleted postings, the moderator considers some of the undeleted postings to be unfair or was just referring to the postings that had been deleted.

#123828  by LCJ

Huh?

#123836  by Fred Stacey

Mr. Crazy_Nip,

Listen, I have seen here that you have ruined many threads on this board especially and I must side with Charlie6017 and the mod's here. You either need to cut it out or face sanctions from this website management.

You really have to cool your jets, dude.