Railroad Forums 

• CSX Activity in New England

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#664591  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

There is a report postede by D on yahoo CSX Sightings that CSX was on the ground near Nash Road , no other reports as of yet

also, I just caught 6241 in the West Mansfield Industrial Park tonight @ 930pm
 #664798  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

update on the CSX B727 derailment in New Bedford, M A posted by Dave on CSX Sightings

A little update on the B727 derailment from Friday afternoon.

Apparently the rear car, an empty gondola derailed (one wheel) just
north of Nash Road and came off for good at the switch to the
north leg of the wye (south of Nash Rd). This also caused the car
ahead of it to come off. The rest of B727 and its power put up in New Bedford
Yard and was there this afternoon. Unknown is the extent of
track damage.
 #715829  by CJS888

Where is the mansfield yard located??? i railfan in walpole and readville all the time and i live behind the framingham secondary and hear it all the time but dont know where it is.
 #725417  by pvincent342

CSX W002-09 spoted heading east at Framingham Yesterday with the #6211 for cab signalling purposes and the #6025 , had cars "columbus" and a track geometry car
 #740089  by CSX

Anyone know what days they serve the globe? And do they serve it late eveing or early moring? And what local serves it? B710? I was in traffic on the x-way today and noticed a few boxcars inside the building. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!
 #740609  by Puter-Geek

CSX wrote:Anyone know what days they serve the globe? And do they serve it late eveing or early moring? And what local serves it? B710? I was in traffic on the x-way today and noticed a few boxcars inside the building. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!
B735 does it at night. Too much commuter traffic during the day.
 #741343  by CSX Conductor

It used to b B733 but now it's 735, which also goes west from Readville to Franklin/Milford early in the evening. The earliest you can switch the Globe out without delaying any commuter trains is after the last southbound Old Colony job, around 1030/1045pm. Just as information the building holds 4 cars on each track and in the warmer weather one car can be spotted outside on the track to the left when facing the building from the main.
 #767675  by Tracer

CSX put on a nice show at Walpole Ma this morning (2/5). At about 610 a local with 2 gp40s and about 10 cars came down the line from framingham and headed east on the franklin line. 2 mins later b725 headed north over the diamond toward framingham with 3 gp40s and about 70-80 cars.
 #771097  by lirrelectrician

Hello all,
There have been many rumors over the years that CSX would pull out of Southeast, MA. Now with CSX selling the New Bedford and Fall River lines to the Mass Coastal, do you think CSX will keep the rest of the Middleboro area Lines as well as the services out of Readville? Another rumor sufacing is the G&U is rebuilding their line all the way to Milford so that they can take over the Milford area customers from CSX.
All for now and everyone have a good Presidents day.
Mike Scholz- LIRR