Railroad Forums 

• Crystal Springs & Cahuenga Valley Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#535781  by erielackawanna

The Crystal Springs & Cahuenga Valley Railroad was sort of a Brigadoon of railroads. It only existed on the first Sunday of the month. Its power was Travel Town's EMD Model 40 and its cars where an SP bay window and a Santa Fe caboose. It ran about 100 yards. It was actually a fun little trip. Sadly, it is gone now. The two cabeese are in Fulton and the Model 40 only gets fired up now to switch Travel Town.

Here is the caboose train back in 1999.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 632&nseq=2

Thanks for looking.

Charles Freericks

#535905  by caboose9

ATSF 1789/999110 & SP 4049 cabooses are in Fullerton, CA, not Fulton.

#535952  by erielackawanna

caboose9 wrote:ATSF 1789/999110 & SP 4049 cabooses are in Fullerton, CA, not Fulton.
Oops, typo. Yes, Fullerton (where I saw them just a day ago). I've never even been to Fulton (didn't even know there was one until I so mangled Fullerton into it).