Railroad Forums 

• CRU? at Grade crossing

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#260632  by justinking

Does anyone know who the CRU are? Today about five people wearing miltary looking pants and black shirts with a logo on the front (couldnt get close enough to read what it said) and the letters CRU on the back. They were all standing around an open Maryland Midland grade crossing control box. As far as I know there was no incident at this crossing but it looked like local bussiness owners were out with them as well as a local police officer and what looked like Maryland Midland mangers staff. any idea what this is about at all?

I should also mention that about a month ago a CSX high rail truck was parked near this crossing along with MMID and CSX employees

#260703  by Nelson Bay

If there was an incident involving the crossing it could stand for Case Resolution Unit. Some districts have these units to determine if a case can be resolved outside of a courtroom. It's an attempt to minimize an overcrowed court system.

#260706  by justinking

oh thanks alot. Looking on the FRAs website, I noticed that there was an incident in the past year, I hadn't heard anything about it but this location must be where it happend. App. a truck ran the the lights one night.

#261023  by justinking

The owner of MMID emailed me this morning, what I saw was a training session for the Maryland State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit. They were looking at the how a working grade crossing should function.

#261500  by Aji-tater

I was going to guess "Crazy Railfans Unwanted!" ;-)