Railroad Forums 

• Crossing Central Africa by Train on the Transgabonaise

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1556739  by David Benton

Great trip report , took me back to my travels in West Africa.
I like the railway compaines choice of colours.
I remember in West Afirica, even the smallest street cart cafe, they would always have fancy sugar cubes to go in your coffee, i'm not sure if they came from France, or there was a local factory producing them for the French market. Like you , I was "adopted" in a couple of villages i stayed in , incredibly sad to leave after a stay of only a few days .
 #1577239  by TimInce

There are moments in life that change and define who you are. The journey to a new place, the launch in the middle of the unknown adventure, with an open mind to the world and to everything that awaits you, is precisely one of these moments. And the trips before did not compare with those of today. I travel with https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/, and the services are excellent compared to previous years. They have evolved, and the trains are new and with much more equipment, faster and that just makes me happy, that I want to travel more and more.