Railroad Forums 

• CRI&P/CB&Q Zephyr Rocket consist

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1199772  by The tram man

As i am not sure if this belongs in the CRI&P or CB&Q section, or both, i though it best to post it here and let the admins place it where they think it belongs.

I have recently found out about a co-operative train between the Rock Island and the Burlington Route called the Zephyr Rocket, and i was wondering what consist that train had during its days. I have done some Google searching, but found nothing of help except that the cars were mixed from both roads.

I am also wondering if there were ever any cases of mixed diesels leading the train? I have found site suggesting that there never, or almost never, was any need for double engines but in case any member here knows of something they didn't, please share it.
 #1199951  by shlustig

IIRC, the TRRA Historical Society published a history of this route and train fairly recently.

Check their website to see if copies are available.