Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1583622  by Bracdude181

For some reason SA31 took Track 2 all the way down to just before the Navesink River Bridge. Looks like the next Long Branch bound will pass on Track 1 and then SA31 will cross over afterwards.

Haven’t seen this before...
 #1583625  by OportRailfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:50 pm For some reason SA31 took Track 2 all the way down to just before the Navesink River Bridge. Looks like the next Long Branch bound will pass on Track 1 and then SA31 will cross over afterwards.

Haven’t seen this before...
Probably the quickest route to get him to BANK, and have him crossover behind 3255 to the Southern.
 #1583627  by Bracdude181

@OportRailfan I guess so. 3266 came through Red Bank as he was starting to cross over.

Say, I’ve never seen you on this forum before. You new? If so, welcome!
 #1583628  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:50 pm @OportRailfan I guess so. 3266 came through Red Bank as he was starting to cross over.

Say, I’ve never seen you on this forum before. You new? If so, welcome!
B;
He's been here langer than you have. Just not a frequqnt poster.
 #1583655  by Bracdude181

SA38 is taking over at Cross Street.

Very interestingly one of the crew members mentioned that C&D has purchased the Southern Secondary.

That doesn’t sound right though. Wouldn’t they need STB approval to do that and have to file with them? Plus, how does C&D have enough money to buy this line?
 #1583662  by Bracdude181

@JohnFromJersey For SA38 that’s actually pretty good considering they had only just finished turning around 2 hours prior and got Woodhaven done on top of that. That engineer that’s on it tonight, I’ve seen him before. One of the faster engineers we’ve had down here.
 #1583674  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:20 pm

Very interestingly one of the crew members mentioned that C&D has purchased the Southern Secondary.

That doesn’t sound right though. Wouldn’t they need STB approval to do that and have to file with them? Plus, how does C&D have enough money to buy this line?
This is not speculation on my part. But the 13 miles of Clayon track was a sweet deal 250k comes to mind?
Its not impossible it gets sold for 1 dollar to the Chesapeake and Delaware LLC (parent co. of the D&D) or even
Dover and Delaware River Railroad its self. Just with a stipulation can only be sold back to NJDOJ!
It actually becomes tax revenue when sold! Win Win! Tony at CMSL tried to by the TRIT and wasn't able at the time.
That means somthing... right?