Railroad Forums 

• CQ, CQ, Calling all RR.Net Amateur Radio (Ham) operators!

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#776999  by Aa3rt

Welcome aboard to all you folks who have introduced yourselves in the fairly recent past and congrats to you new hams.
 #788410  by Ham Radio

Hello de K7LA Jim, Cypress, CA (ARRL section ORG) GL DM03xt, CQ Zone 3.
ARRL Volunteer Examiner and Registered Instructor.
When not hamming you'll find me working as a freight train conductor for Union Pacific in Los Angeles, RCL qualified.

See you at the Visalia International DX Convention each April. :wink:

7 3,

K7LA Jim
 #800968  by Steve W

Good evening de Steve W2SMW in Buffalo NY, I thought I had checked into this thread before bit I hadn't was just looking. Mixing both hobbies using Motorola commercial spectras at home and in the Explorer along with a RS and bearcat scanners.My latest addition to my listening post is a Harmon TRackstar III clean cab radio that I put on the seat when I go out railfanning on the CSX mainline.
 #804672  by mobarbq

Hello all DE KG0YH Name is Wes, ID here is mobarbq Right now, I am doing a lot of listening via the internet. Was real active in VHF, planning to get back.

QTH is Joplin, Mo. Grid EM-27 County: Jasper Former President, JARC

Glad to see a ham radio thread. Thanks for having it.

'73
 #824805  by CPSK

Hi all;
de KE2KB, QTH Teaneck, NJ. On the CSX River Line. Name is Frank.
My rig is a Yaesu/Vertex VX-150 for both ham use and railroad monitoring.
I've got a Ringo Ranger ARX-2B on the roof; works great for listening to trains up and down the line, and from the Newark, NJ yards, NEC, and MNCR Hudson. Even hear NYC Subways (the elevated sections).

I don't do much hamming these days. I have an old HW-101 rig, but no antenna for it right now.

73's

KE2KB
 #839775  by N9CNW

Greetings to all!

de Mark N9CNW (yes Chicago NorthWestern vanity call) from Northern Illinois on the old IC/ICG/CC&P/CN and the CNW/UP and ex CBQ/BN and Milw. Rd. Enjoy trips to Chicago, Galesburg, Iowa and Rochelle to railfan. Member of NorthWestern Ill. Chapter, N.R.H.S.

73's from the Center of the Known Universe
 #847361  by johnny

Hello to all from K0ZP, John Nagurney of Conneaut Lake Pa. Railroading interests include O guage tinplate, train watching generally, a keen interest in northeastern rails from an historical perspective.
I have resided in Scranton (actually Jessup and Peckville),Syracuse, NYC, Newton NJ, Buffalo (Orchard Park), Pittsburgh and now Conneaut lake since 1993. There is a whole lot of DL&W and Erie in those locations.I was formerly associated with the WNYRHS while in Buffalo. Deadheading behind NPR #765 from Youngstown to Buffalo and a ride on the Lehigh Valley private car were unforgettably awesome rail trips. Former call signs are WB2YAO, KE3DJ, and K0ZPG. 73's John
 #877761  by 60 Car

Greetings all.

Ted N3UP, Aston Pa.
Yes, I chose a vanity call for the phoenitics I could use...November 3 Union Pacfic.
I'd say I'm more of a Pennsy fan than UP, but N3/K3PRR were both taken.....

I use a Yaesu FT8900R mobile, and a VX5R portable for ham/railfan/nascar monitoring. Really nice being able to load the VX5 with a laptop on raceday.

I also have an Icom 706MkII and a Kenwood TS-520 for HF, and even an old Clegg 99'er that still actually works.

I usually monitor 145.52 and 52.525 while travelling, and W3UER/R 147.360 and 442.600 WA3NNA/R when in my home area.
WA3NNA/R is usually connected full time to the SouthCARS conference server on Echolink.

73 de Ted
 #877765  by Aa3rt

Welcome to all those who have introduced themselves over the last 10 months.

Art (AA3RT-yes, a vanity call), Railroad Radio and Communications forum moderator.
 #883759  by n2cbo

Aa3rt wrote:Welcome to all those who have introduced themselves over the last 10 months.

Art (AA3RT-yes, a vanity call), Railroad Radio and Communications forum moderator.
N2CBO Mark in NJ. Also aat2bd and aam2re in Army MARS.

I used to have relatives in La Plata.