Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#202544  by cclune

Is CP ever going to paint over their Soo Line SD60's? I haven't seen one ever in existence in the CP Scheme. Is there one? Will their ever paint one in CP Colors? Also, Will CP ever go EMD in the future and purchase some SD70ACe's?? I hope they do!! I know that they purchased 60 ES44AC's already :(

#207545  by U-Haul

I doubt the SD60s will ever be repainted since they are a closing in on retirement age. This SD60 had a smashed in nose and Canadian Pacific repainted the nose instead of giving the whole locomotive fresh paint. Only the Delaware & Hudson locomotives seem to be getting fresh paint.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=128388
Star Trek 40th Anniversary

#207645  by 2spot

I'm not convinced that locomotives built between 1987 & 1989 are coming up for retirement anytime soon. Some of the SD40-2s were built in the early 70s. SOO 762 was built 3/73.

#209099  by SooLineRob

SOO SD60's probably won't be painted into CP colors...that would involve a complete re-numbering of the SOO 60's to avoid a conflict with the CP SD40's...a substantial cost increase that's not needed...

CP didn't have a good experience with their SD90's...hence another order with GE.