Railroad Forums 

• CP's new bluebirds

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#70841  by trainmaster_1

Here is something for you guys to see that recently showed up on CP......hope you enjoy.

CP AC4400 9833 leading 2 new leased bluebirds CEFX AC4400CW 1031 and CEFX AC4400CW 1032

Front Close up of CEFX AC4400CW 1031

Side shot of 1031

Back end of 1031

Back end of 1032

Side of 1032

Front end of CEFX AC4400CW 1032

CEFX AC4400CW 1032 builders sticker

#70863  by Ken V

trainmaster_1 wrote:Here is something for you guys to see that recently showed up on CP......hope you enjoy.
Yes I dd enjoy. Excellent photographs. Thanks.

#78641  by Kazaam

Very nice pictures Mike....Yes, we (CP) seem to be leasing more and more of these units every year. Don't know exactly how cost effective they are, but, they do look nice!! Also not sure if you know this but we are also testing the new SD70Ace, haven't been in one yet, but looking forward to the day I go to work in one!

#78708  by trainmaster_1

Kazaam wrote:Also not sure if you know this but we are also testing the new SD70Ace, haven't been in one yet, but looking forward to the day I go to work in one!
Yes I heard about it and there doing most of the testing out west in the rockies, which is more cost effective to try and see what the limits the unit have and how much tractive effort it can exert to start a train, if CP seems satisfied they may order some, also to be on the look out is 16 new SD70ACe's that Montana Rail Link ordered out of EMD in London Ontario and it will show up in mid to late 2005.

#78847  by AmtrakFan

If CP orders ACe's instead of the GE's lets hope they come to the BNSF :-D

John