Railroad Forums 

• CP Line through Alexandria, MN

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#441395  by SecaucusJunction

I was in Minnesota this past weekend staying near Alexandria. There was a CP Rail line going through there and I was wondering where this line goes between and how many trains per day use it? It didnt seem like it was a greatly used line but I did see a few grain/freight trains going through. Please let me know any info you have on the line.

#441401  by BigWeb

That's the Detroit Lakes sub that goes through Alex. I believe that line starts in Winnipeg, then goes south through Thief River Falls, then to Glenwood where it connects with the Paynesville/Elbow Lake subs.

If you're ever in Alexandria again take the short drive south to Glenwood, you'll for sure see some CP trains as there is a switching yard there.

#441473  by SecaucusJunction

Thanks for the reply. I will take the drive next time. Does this line have signals? I couldnt see any from where I was.

#442093  by BigWeb

No signals, it's all track warrant territory up there.