Railroad Forums 

• CP Latta Sub news

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#177123  by Arborwayfan

In the last month or so I've seen several northbound empty, southbound full coal trains on the CP belt line that goes around Terre Haute on the east. (I saw them in Deming Park.) There seems to be a new customer on the line, since the usual coal traffic is southbound empty, northbound full, I think to the Wabash Generating Station north of TH. I've seen several consists, including one of leased hoppers in IPL livery and one of what seemed to be center-dump hoppers marked Yankeetown Coal Company. The IPL cars were pulled by non-CP units, I think belonging to a leasing company. The Yankeetown cars, which I think I saw on Saturday, Oct. 8, had quite a consist of locomotives, too, but since my wife had a baby on the 10th all I remember is that one was ex-Rail America, one was a slug, and none were CP-Soo-Milw. Could this be a long-term business that would be good for INDR as the new operator?

Is CP selling the Latta Sub, leasing it, or hiring INDR to operate it?