Railroad Forums 

• CP DM&E/IC&E Takeover Discussion Questions

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#443971  by cclune

I am very excited about the CP takeover. That being said, I have a few questions about the agreement and its conditions. Hopefully all you CP enthusiasts and railfans can answer them for me. So lets start. When will CP start running their trains on DM&E/IC&E trackage (when will their locomotives appear on their newly acquired lines)?. Will the CP have to add new signals, redo track, add sidings, and possibly add new trackage for their trains to run efficiently to their standards? What will CP do with DM&E/IC&E locomotives? Will they paint them into the current CP scheme (hopefully they do)? Does this acquisition mean that CP may have to stop retiring a lot of their SD40-2's and maybe paint up a few more SD40-2's and SD60's into the current scheme as well? Lastly, I am from Illinois and I love the CP Bensenville yard area. This area is the last area all CP freights go westward until they are directed north via the UP milwaukee sub until they are directed back on to home rails at techny/shermer (CP C&M north sub). Does this take over mean that we will see CP freights continue westward over the IC&E trackage(ex I&MRL, ex Soo, ex Milw trackage)?

#444205  by uhaul

All I feel comfortable saying is the tidbit about the motive power. Canadien Pacific retired those SD40-2s for a reason so I doubt they will be repainted. I also see no reason for CP's SD60s to be repainted either.

#444973  by Komachi

I think we can continue to discuss the CP takeover of the DM&E/IC&E in the following thread...

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43036

Your commentary will be added to said thread, unedited, as-written.

Thank you for your understanding.

** CLICK **