Railroad Forums 

• CP ads for Searsport on Facebook other platforms

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1551647  by fromway

What do we make of the blitz of ads about the Port of Searsport that have been appearing on Facebook from CP? Hope none of the NIMBYs in Searsport have seen them. But, is interesting to speculate.
 #1551714  by Zeke

I imagine CP wants to get the ball rolling on Searsport asap. CEO Creel is exuberant about development and I am sure they have something in the works, plus. Perhaps it will take a committed Class one to apply their massive marketing skills to finally utilize the potential of Searsport .Lord knows it's been many a moon waiting for the blessed day. unit trains and big ships call.
 #1551772  by fromway

Looking at aerials of port facilities to me are not encouraging. If they want to do Potash I would think that they will need to make a circular track around the whole facility. Is there enough room without changing what is already their. Also, can the branch handle the increased traffic. How big a train could they handle at one time?
 #1553068  by MEC407

CP has a dedicated page about Searsport on their web site:

https://www.cpr.ca/en/choose-rail/searsport