Railroad Forums 

• Corn Shops

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#158948  by Trains

On another topic, someone mentioned a corn shop operation in Monmouth, Maine. I was just wondering about some of the background and history of this operation. I know the building is a part of the Monmouth Museum complex. There is a sign on it that says something like "Maine Central Freight Shed." Also there used to be some sort of siding or spur that ran right by the building. Apparently it was a dead end track, but I don't know since it was torn up a number of years ago.

I was wondering when this corn shop operation ended, how much business it gave the Maine Central, and other information like that. Also I would like to know when this spur/siding was torn up. I don't think it was too long ago, maybe 10-15 years.

Also, there was a train station at pretty much the same location too. Any information about this area would be appreciated. Thank you.