Railroad Forums 

• Copper Arm

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#333020  by UPRR engineer

That thing is cheesy, move the seat all the way back, and it would make it easier to run with your foot, IF you didnt have to get past the fourth run.
I dont see why the comment was made about it being easier to switch with that contraption. Even if he was one of those hosers who thinks its easier to look out the back door, it still doesnt make much sense. Maybe hes an umpa lumpa and has to stand up to look out the side window? :-D

#333035  by ExEMDLOCOTester

UPRR engineer wrote:That thing is cheesy, move the seat all the way back, and it would make it easier to run with your foot, IF you didnt have to get past the fourth run.
I dont see why the comment was made about it being easier to switch with that contraption. Even if he was one of those hosers who thinks its easier to look out the back door, it still doesnt make much sense. Maybe hes an umpa lumpa and has to stand up to look out the side window? :-D
Actually I was thinking notch 3.... When I was young and skinny maybe, maybe 6.5 :-D

#333227  by GOLDEN-ARM

Uncle copper, is that you? :P We used to have "extended" handles, for switching with 24 AB systems, for the brake handles, never saw, or used one, on the throttle though. The extended brake handles, are actually made (or were) by Wabco. With the older style "potato chip can" throttle/controller stands, the 24 brake was usually located behind the seat (behind the line of the seat back, but still on the side of the seat, itself), if you were set-up, to comfortably run the throttle, and DB. Really, Eh, it must be a Canadien thing. :P

#333390  by ExEMDLOCOTester

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

:wink: