Railroad Forums 

• Cooperstown & Charlotte Valley (CACV) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1310134  by switcher3051

been extremely busy to post this year. rail fan day was good. back towards the end of November we moved the GG1's across rt 7. should be plenty of photos around. we also pulled the FL9's to the Milford depot. working on # 2028 to get running. running south to the jct was a pretty view. since i was in the seat i had to duck a lot of brush that had grown up. this coming year plans are in the works to do some clearing with the Jordan spreader.
Happy New Year to All.
 #1311015  by ricebrianrice

Wait....

What....

The GG1's were moved across route 7, and the FL9's were moved to Milford?
One of the FL9's is being fixed to run?
How does something like that happen, and nothing but crickets?

I searched for pictures and found nothing.
 #1311036  by dj_paige

Pictures of the GG-1s being moved (I think you have to be a Facebook member to see these)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/5135 ... 745580057/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1311139  by traingeek8223

The GG1s had to be moved because the siding they sat on is owned by Canadian Pacific (it was previously leased by C&CV) and with the pending sale to NS, all non-CP owned, stored equipment had to be removed from CP property or it would be transferred to NS through the sale. I believe it's been about 6-8 years since the railroad has been to Cooperstown Junction.
 #1316257  by switcher3051

Thank you for the good wishes for this year. FL9 #2028 is being worked on and we hope to it have running for rail fan day. BBQ train will be scheduled. I'll post once dates are finalized. Alco 3052 should be running on it's own this year too. Actual events are in planning stage. Jordan spreader demos may take place south of the depot this year.