Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1043815  by drvmusic

Dick H wrote:Here's a ten and one-half minute YouTube video of one
of the opening weekend Bartlett runs. #573 and the
coaches all looking sharp with Mr. Hood back at the
controls for another season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT4GZ9C330g

Thanks to trainern8 for the video......
Wow, 573 is looking nice! I like how nice everything looks and sounds! Have to get up there this summer at some point!
 #1044051  by Otto Vondrak

MEC407 wrote:Found some rare footage of 573 running on Conway Scenic as CSRX 27 in modified Guilford paint...
I hope they bring back that paint scheme some day. "BIG C!"
 #1045148  by MEC407

#1045647  by b&m 1566

573 (then #27) arrived sometime in 1996 and went right into service to the best of my knowledge. It was painted and renumber back to 573 before the start of the 1997 season.

Those picture of the Guilford OCS at North Conway are awesome! It would be neat if something like that could happen again with Pan Am.
 #1045710  by Cosmo

merrman wrote:"Those picture of the Guilford OCS at North Conway are awesome! It would be neat if something like that could happen again with Pan Am."

Nice thought, but since there is no access for PAR, it can't happen.
Well, if they ever get the MD re-connected down towards Portland... :wink:
 #1045717  by MEC407

Or they could do it as an equipment move over the SLR and NHC... :-D
 #1049784  by b&m 1566

Spent the last week+ in North Conway. I got to see the work train pull into the station after spending the day in the notch dumping ballast. 216 was used along with the 3 hoppers and Conway Scenic's caboose. This past Saturday we rode the Bartlett train which was a very enjoyable ride; the washout locations from last year are still under slow oders.
 #1053969  by steamer69

Nope....they are being kept "super secret squirel". Wouldn't want anyone to know when the move is going to be....

Or they just don't know for sure when the move is going to be yet. Sources close to people in the know tell me that they (the railroads involved) want to make 1 move for both of the locomotives. As of last week the engine at NHN was still not on it's way North yet. I have not had any information on the engine from Derby. Like when the sisters were swapped, I wouldn't be shocked if it happens in the middle of the night so that no one knows......
 #1053973  by drvmusic

steamer69 wrote:Nope....they are being kept "super secret squirel". Wouldn't want anyone to know when the move is going to be....

Or they just don't know for sure when the move is going to be yet. Sources close to people in the know tell me that they (the railroads involved) want to make 1 move for both of the locomotives. As of last week the engine at NHN was still not on it's way North yet. I have not had any information on the engine from Derby. Like when the sisters were swapped, I wouldn't be shocked if it happens in the middle of the night so that no one knows......
Well, I may have a chance to be up there for a bit next month, so I hope they get them by then! Thanks for the update Steamer :-)